Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Reality Show: The Bachelor

Thanks for the post from Nora Mccoy

I can't stop watching The Bachelor on ABC; it fascinates me that people try to find a soul mate on a television show. Brad is back after he failed to choose a girl a few years ago and I'm surprised that the show gave him another chance. He's down to just four girls now, so hopefully this year he'll find the right one.

The show attempts to match an eligible bachelor with a spouse by allowing him to meet a large group of women. The competitor then reduces the potential matches by handing out roses to the women he wishes to spend more time with until he is down to four. With the final four the bachelor meets their families. When the women are reduced to three, the show sends them to exotic locations on overnight dates. Once they are eliminated to two, the women meet the bachelor's family. Often when he has decided on The One, he will propose to the chosen competitor.

During some seasons of the show women have decided they are no longer interested in competing for that bachelor and leave. The show has also used past contestants in new seasons of The Bachelor.
I record The Bachelor on my DVR and watch the show on my satellite TV from SATellite911.com. This system allows me to watch the show when it's convenient during my schedule.






No comments:

Post a Comment