Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jack Skellington Costume Review

I love Halloween costumes and dressing up for special occasions, that's why I decided to go with a Jack Skellington costume for my boyfriend who happens to be one of my long time lovable characters.

The Jack Skellington costume only comes in one size, so I figured since it said standard it would be just that, standard. But then once it arrived, I noticed it said XL in a waist size of  "38-42. (granted the site says it as well) But, my definition, that's not really standard size. Now I was a bit scared that it would not fit because my boyfriend has a 31/32" waist and then realized it had no pants in the bag. I assumed this ensemble would come with pants since it shows pants, but apparently it doesn't, since they didn't. So okay, don't have to worry about huge pants not fitting and he has some black dress pants that he can incorporate, which is fine. The shirt actually ended up fitting better than I thought it would since it's also made for bigger people as well, but it really wasn't too big and when he lifted up his arms while wearing it, it then became a 1970s belly shirt. Oh yea, hot! So we're definitely going to have to put a white dress shirt underneath as well to avoid that problem. The bow tie adds a nice touch and sets the costume nicely, even has a Styrofoam back so that it doesn't rub on your skin and irritate it with the plastic.

The Jack Skellington head piece was kind of creased, but I'm sure with a little bit of blow drying it will go to it's intended form. It's definitely big, but it's supposed to be big since he has a big skeleton head.

Overall we're happy with this costume, kind of wished it came with pants, but that's no big deal, but might be a deal breaker for some who are spending the money on it.

I cannot wait til next time, so I can find a big bad wolf in the mens costumes and act out Little Red Riding Hood next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment