Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Flirting While Taken, Is It Harmless?

I think flirting with a stranger is okay in certain circumstances. You see an attractive person in the store, you smile at each other, maybe have a very brief conversation, and never see each other again. It makes you feel good about yourself and gives a little lift to your day. But flirting with people you know is risky; there's a chance that it could turn into something more, and it's simply disrespectful to your partner.

I think most of us agree that we wouldn't like it if our significant other was flirting with other people. But, does that really stop us from doing it ourselves? Not really. People are people and we only do what is natural to us. I am guilty of this, even though I hate admitting it. My intentions were not to flirt, I was just simply being kind back to the charming person who was sending signals my way. Nothing came out of it, in fact - I stopped talking to him eons ago.

Is it different because its over a computer screen and not face to face? It might be, if you're being upfront and honest with your partner and not keeping it a secret for as long as you talk to this person. Does it hurt just as much? I would think any emotional bond with someone that you're flirting with daily -- other than your partner would cause pain regardless, since you're supposed to be united with one person and one person only. Unless of course you have stipulations on your relationship, like leaving it open to roam with whomever you choose as long as you come back to your original partner.

I've never understood those types though. If you don't want to be in a relationship and have the balls to screw other people, then go be a slut. STD's and failed marriages have become a big joke today and no one takes them serious anymore.


What do you think? 





No comments:

Post a Comment