Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ex's are Ex's For a Reason



I watched a movie recently with Angelina Jolie and Antonio Banderas, called Original Sin. It was released in 2001 and I had never watched it, so I thought I would give it a try. After watching it, it made me realize how much people will go through for the ones they love. I know a made a similar post to this recently about the lengths and measures a woman goes through for a man, but I'm going to take this in a different direction.


****Spoiler Alert if you haven't seen the movie****

In this case, Antonio Banderas goes through a lot for this woman. They plan this arranged marriage as they are writing to each other and marry the same day after first meeting. Angelina mentions that she doesn't look like the picture he sent to him, because she wanted someone to love her for her and not just her beauty. He then proceeds to say he lied as well and is very wealthy. Next thing you know, more lies come out of the closet. She is adopted and has a secret orphan lover who she grew up with. They are both actors and ended up killing the original girl that Antonio was supposed to marry. After Antonio gives her access to his bank account, she cleans him out and runs away -- all while the "lover" meets up with Antonio claiming he's a Private Investigator and is looking for his wife, because she's the one that killed the original lady. So, Antonio is filled with hate, embarassment, disgust, but once he finds her, all of that hate disappears and she lets him know that all of the money is gone. He doesn't seem to care anymore and just wants to spend the rest of his life with her. They get back together and try to live a normal life, until the fake P.I. finds them both and attacks Antonio - which then leads to the P.I. getting shot.


Angelina said to go purchase train tickets so they can run away together and then she'll try to get rid of the body. But, little did they both know, that the "lover" put blanks in the gun, so he wasn't dead after all. He tried to convince Angelina that she's a whore and her lifestyle is not that of which Antonio leads. She doesn't want to go back to this crazy lunatic and seems to actually care for Banderas. (which seems odd, given the shit she pulled). She leaves the house for a moment and she meets up with the lover in a whore house and tells him she doesn't want to kill Banderas and that he truly loves her, she loves him. But, she's so weak that she does what he says and purchases some rat poison to kill him with. Antonio, the lovesick puppy he is -- knows somethings up because he followed her there and seen the guy that was "supposed" to be dead. He heads home before she gets back and is waiting for her, she starts to pour some tea and waits for him to take his deadly sip. He knows she put poison in it, but didn't care -- because he was hurt and mentioned life wouldn't be worth living if she wasn't in it. He told her he seen the guy and her together and knows what is going on. So she got all teary eyed, with her bi-polar emotional roller coaster of a lifestyle and Antonio proceeded to drink the tea. She freaked out and ran him out of the house before the "lover" could come in and shoot him. She gets him some help, but only after she shoots the other guy dead. She goes to prison, but the priest who's listening to this story, decides to help her escape by switching outfits, so she can proceed to live a dysfunctional lifestyle with Antonio.

This is where it gets me. I know this is a Hollywood movie and isn't real, but things do happen like this to a certain extent and different scenarios of course. Which then leads me to ask, should Ex's be just that, Ex's? They obviously left, or you left them for a reason. What makes them that special that you need to go back to that and deal with more hurt and heartache? Do relationships with ex's ever really work? I'm sure if you put the amount of effort into it and could get past all the bullshit, then probably. But, you have to ask yourself if it is truly worth it. I know now looking back on what I've dealt with, that there's no way in HELL I would ever go back to any of them.

Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment